Favorite Spring Recipes from our Health Coach, Andrea Hop
Spring is upon us, at least here in Michigan we can only hope it is! With spring comes growth and renewal. As we begin to sow seeds into the warm ground we imagine the harvests they will boast. With that in mind, I thought I would share some of my favorite spring recipes with our readers to inspire what they might grow and eat in the coming months!
- For best results, stack the ingredients into the jars in the order of which they are listed.
- Screw the lid on tight and store in the fridge 3-7 days!
- These will make healthy and fast lunch or dinner options with very little prep!
Dressing of choice
Carrot (1 cut)
Chickpeas (½ cup)
Marinated Onions (⅓ cup)
Romaine Lettuce (1 cup)
Hemp Seeds (1 tbsp)
Cherry Tomatoes (½ cup)
Marinated Red Onions
(Adapted from Teri @ No Crumbs Left):
- Thinly slice the red onion and place in a low bowl.
- In a separate bowl, stir the olive oil, red wine vinegar, and dried oregano together to combine well.
- Pour the mixture over the onions, making sure they are submerged.
- Let sit on the counter at room temperature to marinate for at least an hour.
- Keeps for two days unrefrigerated.
1 medium Red Onion
Olive Oil (1 cup)
Dried Oregano (1 tbsp)
Red Wine Vinegar (2 tbsp)
Sea Salt & Pepper to taste