DAVE JOHNSON, MD, FACC
Integrative Health and Healing, Preventive Cardiology
Dave Johnson, MD is a board certified cardiologist and integrative medicine specialist. He earned his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine in 1990. He then trained in internal medicine at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics and subsequent cardiovascular specialty training at the University of Alabama, Birmingham. Most recently, he has completed the fellowship in integrative medicine at the University of Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine founded by Andrew Weil, MD.
Dr. Johnson believes healing is the natural capacity of the body. He supports his clients on their journey towards health and well-being by helping them find balance in thebody, mind, soul and spirit; all essential aspects of our individual being that contribute to health. He draws from his decades of experience in traditional modern Western medicine as well as the practices of ancient wisdom traditions. Dr. Johnson has traveled throughout the Western hemisphere to explore diverse healing strategies from the ancient traditions of shamanism to the most advanced modern medical care. The result is an integration of various aspects, pulled from his travels and training and is what he refers to as integrative cardiology.
A holistic approach understands that the body, mind, and spirit work collaboratively to create the reality of our individual and collective lives, whether in sickness or health. Although treating the physical signs and symptoms of disease can reduce suffering, restoration of health requires finding a more harmonious balance between the body, mind, emotions and spirit. Learning from the previous roadmap in your life is an essential tool for creating change that leads you toward a healthier destiny.
Dr. Johnson uses a heart-centered approach that both guides and empowers the individual on their journey towards health and well-being. Most diseases are not inherited but rather influenced by our exposures and experiences; Dr. Johnson works with you to ensure that the body is adequately nourished, that the mind promotes resiliency, and that your environment supports your health. He will help you alleviate your signs and symptoms of heart disease while also getting to the root cause of your symptoms so that a new roadmap can be created on your journey towards health and well-being.
***Dr. Johnson is the medical director and medical delegate at Grand Rapids Natural Health and oversees the care of our Naturopathic Doctors.***
NOW OFFERING GENETIC TESTING
Nutrigenomics testing analyzes genetic markers that impact metabolism, exercise, and energy use within the body. This once in a lifetime test provides insight into how a person’s body processes sugars, fats, nutrients, and vitamins so that informed decisions can be made to optimize food selection and even exercise type.
Call (616) 264-6556 or click here to schedule a complimentary 15-minute meet and greet visit to learn more about testing and our associated services.
Dr. Johnson’s primary focus of his compassionate heart-centered approach includes four foundations.
- Nourishment, the primary foundation of health: Are to eating in a way that supports your health? Have you lost flexibility and stamina in your life? Do you allow adequate time for restoration?
- Exposures: Are you exposed to potentially harmful environmental toxins? Have you been exposed to environmental toxins? Are your exposures making you sick?
- Connections: How connected are you in your life? Do you feel alone? How supportive are your relationships? Do you connect with a source greater than yourself? Are you connected to your soul’s purpose?
- Beliefs: Are your beliefs limiting or expanding? Are fears holding you back? Is stress debilitating or enhancing your life?
By taking the time to review these essential aspects of your life and learning to overcome potential barriers on your journey, a new roadmap is available to guide you on your destiny towards health.
To learn more about the services Dr. Johnson, MD, offers, click here.
To schedule a complimentary meet and greet with Dr. Johnson, click here and choose “Integrative Medicine”.
For frequently asked questions, click here.
To read blog posts written by Dr. Johnson, click below:
- Integrative Cardiology: A Whole Health Approach
- A Collaborative Approach to Holistic Health Care
- Escaping the Wrath of Heart Disease
- Nutrigenomics: Choosing Foods According to Your Genes
- November is Diabetes Month
ARE YOU A CLIENT OF DAVE JOHNSON, MD?
Click on the Fullscript logo to the right to order your professional grade, high quality, individualized supplements straight to your home. Please call our office at 616-264-6556 with any questions.
* Dave Johnson, MD is an independent practitioner within the Grand Rapids Natural Health office.
* Dave Johnson, MD serves as the medical director and medical delegate at Grand Rapids Natural Health.